CaptSteve's Esterigon Review

Over on ECF I saw a couple of posts from CaptSteve that I loved and really wanted to share. This review of Esterigon is great on it's own but with the pictures, it's simply fantastic. With the Captains kind blessing I am posting his review below.

Esterigon


"Just came back from the annual vacation in Greece where as every year had the chance to see all my good friends. Imeo, Vasilis, Stelioss, Zantos to name but a few.
Of course I had the chance to pick up personally my Esterigon and Iatty mini ESG from Vasilis (before we went out drinking). What a great little mod it is, simple with great design as always and excellent performance. I did a volt drop test myself (yes I'm aware of all the limitations) and found that Esterigon has quite insignificant loss. On a 0.7 ohm coil I showed on average (over 6 measurements) 0.16v which is pretty damn impressive considering the bottom contact is SS and not brass. I did the test with a Sony VTC5 freshly off the charger.
The button operation is smooth and extremely responsive and the locking mechanism is simple and ingenious.



I know that Imeo has perhaps been accused by reviewers in the past of making complex mods/atties with many parts but frankly this latest creation is so simple I would highly and unoquivically recommend it to even a beginner. I didn't find much that can really go wrong with Esterigon other than perhaps your normal use cleaning of threads and contacts. However having said that the thing is so easy to take apart and clean that I would rank it easier than a GGTS or a JustGG.


My gripe with my buddy Imeo was why 21mm when most non GG atties which many users have are 22mm but after I've used it now for about 8 days I can say that it's a really comfortable size (see comparison image to JustGG) and having on there a 22mm or even 23mm atty is no issue whatsoever.

Fitting of batteries was absolutely fine with all of mine which I tried with the exception of one 18500 AW IMR which I had to remove the little AW silver oval sticker.


We did discuss one or two possible future improvements for Esterigon and I'll let him tell you in his own time about that.

Imeo was kind enough to let me have his Prototype Tilemaxos to try and I can tell you that it sits beautifully on Esterigon with an almost hybrid look. I've taken a "sneak peek" photo for you but did some blurring as this is still only a prototype. First impressions are good but I'll leave it at that as this is something Imeo will show you when he's ready. I'll just say that you will like very much what he's come up with.




Imeo has done some incredible progress with Proteus and I think he's going to make our wait well worth it.

I'll let you know my impressions of the Iatty mini ESG version in a few days with some pictures as I only had the chance to briefly vape it just once at Vasilis's store.

All in all I had a great time with good friends, amazing food and beautiful Greek sunny beaches."

- CaptSteve


0 comments :

Post a Comment